Getting an Assessment
It may be time to consider hospice care when a person has one or more of these conditions:
- Chronic disease with noted decline or recurrent infections
- Unintentional weight loss
- Needs more help with simple activities of daily living
- Does not want to go back to the hospital
- Does not want to be resuscitated
- Has trouble getting to the doctor’s office
- Requires so much care that family members are having difficulty coping
Taking hospice care to the patient’s home, nursing home or assisted living facility eliminates the difficulty and discomfort or repeated trips to the doctor’s office. Our nurses and physicians visit as often as necessary and can even provide continuous care during periods of crisis. Certified nursing assistants are available to assist with personal care and provide support to keep the patient comfortable.
Getting an assessment is as easy, CALL US ANYTIME for an in-home assessment. We can explain the program, identify if you or your loved one qualifies for the program or simply talk about end-of-life issues. (505) 217-2490.